Canterbury Club

The Canterbury Club was established in 1872 by a group of twenty prominent Christchurch businessmen to provide a haven in the city for men mostly of mercantile character.  The Canterbury Club provided a venue where gentlemen could meet, discuss business affairs and socialise.  Today the club takes pride in providing its members the finest services and facilities and maintains a welcoming feeling of relaxed privacy for the men and women from the civic, professional and business circles who make up the current membership.